I did a bunch of cool art stuff this year, which most of you kept up with through social media. Some really bad things also happened in 2014, like the unexpected passings of Eric's father, which left us in pieces, which we are still working on putting back together, and some mental health stuff that I guess I will always have to work on, bit by bit, but as the year comes to a close I am feeling strong, confident, hopeful, in love, and excited. 2015 can only be better.
But back to the good things that happened, this year I reached the following milestones:
1. Completed my first Children's Book, The Big Fat Counting Book, written by Harris Tobias
An extraordinary and rewarding experience. Available here.
2. Completed 4 zines, and tabled at Canzine.
Met a ton of great weird creators!
3. Made my Etsy shop bigger, better, faster, and stronger.
Expanded my product line to include greeting cards and patches.
4. Learned how to draw people in my own style
5. Achieved a major goal, working on an editorial assignment for Reader's Digest.
6. Created a t-shirt design for Spin Toronto.
My major goals for 2015 are:
1. FIND AN AGENT
2. Finish second children's book, "Smiley Frowny Upside Downy"
3. Meet every major greeting card holiday deadline
4. Add silk scarves and one other new product to etsy shop
5. Work on something with pattern design/textiles/gift wrap...
6. Get married, buy house, have baby.
Happy New Year!