9/06/2013

WORKING FROM HOME: WEEK 1

I have had a really successful week working 9-5 from my little basement apartment. I wake up feeling excited and inspired, and I am finding it very difficult to pull myself away from the computer at the end of the "work day".

I am currently taking Chris Oatley's Magic Box course online, and I am already learning so much just one lesson in. It has also provided me with access to a forum of artists sharing and discussing their work and process. SO INSPIRING. The above piece is something I was working on to develop atmospheric lighting. I will probably do a few more pieces using the techniques I have learned and post them over the next few weeks.

I am also working on copying masters paintings to practise digital painting and learn to make more deliberate brush strokes and use a more sophisticated colour palette. My first attempt is coming out pretty rough, but the process is teaching me about light and shadow and mixing colours. I am going to be doing a few of these so they will only get better.





I have also been collecting inspiring children's books from the library (if you follow me on Twitter you have seen my daily tweets about these). These are a few of the books I have been inspired by this week:

BRIAN WILDSMITH'S FAVOURITE FABLES:



COSMO AND THE ROBOT - BRIAN PINKEY:

I LIKE OLD CLOTHES - PATRICE BARTON:



And finally I have been working on a children's book with a friend of mine, about flowers! Here is a peak of some cute bumblebees. Done in acrylic and magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment